The Energy Institute
The Energy Institute (EI) is the Royal Chartered professional membership body for the energy sector, supporting over 23,000 individuals working in or studying energy and 250 energy companies worldwide. The EI provides learning and networking opportunities to support professional development, as well as professional recognition and technical and scientific knowledge resources on energy in all its forms and applications.
The EI’s purpose is to develop and disseminate knowledge, skills and good practice towards a safe, secure and sustainable energy system. In fulfilling this mission, the EI addresses the depth and breadth of the energy sector, from fuels and fuels distribution to health and safety, sustainability and the environment. It also informs policy by providing a platform for debate and scientifically-sound information on energy issues.
The EI’s strategic aims are to:
- promote the role, status and contribution of energy professionals in society and maintain professional standards
- equip energy professionals with tools to enable their positive contribution to society
- ensure the availability of good quality energy education and learning provision
- provide a forum for debate to facilitate the development and dissemination of energy knowledge and good practice
- enhance public understanding of energy resources and their role in society
The EI is licensed by the:
- Engineering Council to award Chartered, Incorporated and Engineering Technician status,
- Science Council to award Chartered Scientist status, and
- Society for the Environment to award Chartered Environmentalist status.
It also offers its own Chartered Energy Engineer, Chartered Petroleum Engineer and Chartered Energy Manager titles.
A registered charity, the EI serves society with independence, professionalism and a wealth of expertise in all energy matters.
In a competitive world, the professional body is a vital partner to individuals wanting to boost their career or to organisations wanting to contribute to the advancement of industry knowledge.